10 most-viewed news articles of the year on Orleans Hub
Photos by Tom Rivers: This Dodge 1500 Ram was pulled out of the Erie Canal in Medina at about 12:45 a.m. on Aug. 18, more than five hours after it plunged into the water, just east of the lift bridge on Route 63. An article about the incident was the sixth most viewed in 2017 on Orleans Hub.
A Nov. 7 article about the death of Ben Kirby, 21, of Albion in a car accident was the most-viewed article on the Orleans Hub in 2017.
Kirby was killed in an accident on Route 531 in Gates on Nov. 6. Kirby was a senior at Rochester Institute of Technology, studying software development.
He was well known in the Albion area. He was an Eagle Scout and was active in the drama, music and sports programs. He picked Camp Rainbow for his Eagle Scout project and led a team of Scouts in installing a new entrance gate, building new seesaws and removing the old ones, and replacing the doors on a tool shed.
Here are the 10 most viewed articles of 2017 on Orleans Hub.
1. Ben Kirby of Albion, 21, dies in car accident in Monroe County
2. Brockport police investigating possible murder of Lyndonville woman
3. Former security guard at Holley School charged with rape of girl
4. Law enforcement seizes 200 marijuana plants following flyovers
5. One person killed in Barre accident this morning
6. Truck pulled from canal after painstaking search
7. Kent woman, 38, killed in accident Sunday by fairgrounds
8. Woman from Arizona arrested for killing Megan Dix of Lyndonville
9. 19-year-old Albion man killed in Genesee accident
10. Motorcyclist dies after hitting deer this morning in Carlton
A husband and wife were killed on Aug. 23 in an accident in Barre at the intersection of Eagle Harbor Road and Route 31A, one of several fatal accidents in the county in 2017.
Return to top