Orleans has now suffered 55 deaths from coronavirus
Another person has died from Covid-19 in Orleans County, bringing the county’s total confirmed deaths from Covid-19 to 55.
The latest death was a resident of Orchard Rehab & Nursing Center in Medina. That nursing home has now had 24 residents die of Covid-19. (The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation Center has had 30 residents die from Covid-19. A community resident also has died from Covid-19.)
The death reported today by the Genesee and Orleans Health Departments is the first since the 54thdeath was reported on June 29.
The Health Departments also reported today there are no new Covid-19 cases in Orleans, while Genesee has two new confirmed cases.
The two new cases in Genesee include a resident of Alexander and a person in Pembroke. One is in the 20s and the other is in the 40s.
The positive individuals were not on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive.
Genesee also has one new recovery and has had 173 recoveries from the community.
The Health Departments also said 27 more people from Genesee are on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states. Genesee now has 35 on precautionary quarantine due to travel.
Orleans has one more on precautionary quarantine for 21 total.
More from Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments:
• Travel Advisory: New York is requiring travelers from the following 22 states with high coronavirus rates to self-quarantine for 14 days: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin.
• Traveler Health Form: For all out-of-state travelers from NYS restricted states, whether arriving by land or air, must self-identify by completing a traveler health form or be subject to a $2,000 fine. Click here for the traveler health form.
• Antibody Testing: This is a current snapshot (as of July 14) of the SARS-CoV-2 antibody test results we have received and will be updated periodically, but not daily.
- Genesee County: Of the 1,674 antibody test results received there were 52 who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) antibodies.
- Orleans County: Of the 721 antibody test results received there were 17 who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) antibodies.