Updated April 29, 11:35 a.m.
Medina’s Memorial Day parade and remembrance ceremony at State Street Park has been cancelled due to Covid-19.
Updated April 28, 10:40 a.m.
Albion and Lyndonville Memorial Day parades are cancelled on May 25.
Kendall Memorial Day observance is cancelled on May 30.
Updated April 23, 11:03 a.m.
The Village of Holley June Fest celebration, scheduled for June 6, has been cancelled due to public health concerns with Covid-19.
Updated April 1, 5:56 p.m.
Lyndonville staff and faculty parade by car is cancelled. It was scheduled for April 2.
Medina’s Mustang Motorcade, scheduled for April 3, is cancelled.
Updated March 24 at 1:48 p.m.
Albion Central School has cancelled the Senior Citizen Day scheduled for May 6.
Updated March 21, 12:56 p.m.
The West Barre United Methodist Church will closing the building for any group gathering the next two weeks. The church will live stream the worship service and sermon at 9 a.m. on Sunday mornings, and will also post it on the church’s Facebook page.
Updated March 20, 9:03 p.m.
“Due to the Governor’s announcement, the Community Free Library in Holley will be closed completely after 1 p.m. tomorrow (March 21) until further notice. I will be at the library from 9 a.m. on and will try and fill requests, please call, but please realize I will do the best that I can. I can honestly say that I miss you and I pray that you all stay healthy.” – Sandra Shaw, library director
Updated March 20, 11:31 a.m.
Due to the current situation and restrictions in place for COVID-19, the Barre Fire Company Banquet scheduled for March 21 at the East Shelby Fire Hall has been canceled. No future date is set at this time.
Updated March 20 at 9:26 a.m.
• Faith Alliance Church in Albion has cancelled all activities at the church and the office is closed. Staff will be accessing phone calls and emails remotely.
Updated March 19 at 8:11 a.m.
• The Albion Rotary Club ham dinner scheduled for March 19 is cancelled.
• UMC Abundant Harvest Fish Fry at Knowlesville Fellowship Hall is cancelled the rest of the Lenten season.
• The Wayne A. Burlison Colon Cancer Awareness 5K scheduled for March 28 in Albion has been cancelled.
Updated March 18 at 9:07 a.m.
• The Orleans County Administration Building and Public Safety Building are closed to the public. The 10 town halls and four village offices in the county are also closed to the public until further notice.
• The Cornell Cooperative Extension in Orleans County has closed its Route 31 office at the 4-H Fairgrounds to visitors until further notice. All CCE programs are cancelled through at least April 15.
• The East Shelby Volunteer Fire Company’s 16th annual His and Her Raffle, scheduled for April 4, has been postponed until further notice. “We will continue to sell tickets and the event will be rescheduled as soon as it is safe to be held. We thank you all for your continued support and wish everyone the very best in these trying times.”
• Due to the restriction on activities, the Niagara-Orleans School Boards Association Prospective Board Member Workshop, scheduled for March 28, is cancelled.
Updated March 17 at 9:43 p.m.
• The Village of Albion’s Planning Board Meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 19, at 5 p.m. at the Village Hall, 35 East Bank St., has been cancelled.
• The Orleans County Planning Board has cancelled its regular March 26 meeting due to concerns over the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. Please be advised that The CPB may be required to cancel its April 23 meeting should conditions deteriorate further.
Updated March 17 at 12:11 p.m.
• The fish fries at The Grove United Methodist Church on Fridays, March 20th, March 27th & April 3rd will be cancelled.
• Albion First and Holley Disciples United Methodist Churches will not be holding worship services until further notice.
Updated on March 16 at 12:35 p.m.
• Tonight’s scheduled meeting of the Waterfront Advisory Committee meeting for the Kendall-Yates-Carlton-Lyndonville (KYCL) Local Waterfront Revitalization Program has been canceled in an abundance of caution related to the COVID-19 threat. The meeting was scheduled for 7 p.m. at Lyndonville Village Hall.
Updated on March 16 at 11:36 a.m.
• The Orleans Hub awards program scheduled for March 18 at 6:30 p.m. at Tillman’s Village Inn is cancelled.
• The American Legion and VFW posts in Medina are temporarily closed and won’t be hosting events, or serving food and alcohol.
• The UMC Abundant Harvest Fish Fry at the Fellowship Hall in Knowlesville for March 20 & March 27 will be take-out only. The Breakfast Buffet on March 21 is cancelled.
Updated March 15 at 1:35 p.m.
• The Ministerium Holy Week Choir is suspending rehearsals through at least March 30.
Updated March 15 at 9:20 a.m.
The following church services are cancelled for today (March 15)
• Albion First Presbyterian. “All in-person worship and meetings are suspended until at least March 30 and will be re-evaluated at that time,” said Pastor Sue Thaine.
• Christ Episcopal Church in Albion will be closed for services for the next three weeks. The Community Kitchen at Christ Church will be open on Fridays but serving only to-go’s.
• Holley Presbyterian Church
• Gaines Carlton Community Church
• Kendall United Methodist Church
• Lyndonville Presbyterian have cancelled all services and events until further notice. The April Community Breakfast scheduled for April 4 at Lyndonville Presbyterian also is canceled.
• The Lyndonville United Methodist Church.
• The Harvest Neighborhood of Presbyterian churches (Albion, Barre Center, Brockport, Holley, Lyndonville, Medina and Ogden) will be working to collaborate on live-streaming worship starting March 22 through a newly established Harvest Neighborhood Facebook page.
• One Church in Medina and Akron have closed their sanctuaries on March 15 to be “in compliance with the current governmental density reduction order.”
Updated March 14 at 9:04 p.m.
• Due to the coronavirus, the Community Free Library in Holley will be closed on Monday, March 16, until further notice.
Updated March 14 at 5:18 p.m.
• All public schools – Albion, Holley, Kendall, Lyndonville and Medina – are closed until further notice.
Updated March 14 at 12:55 p.m.
• Lenten Lunches on Wednesdays at noon at Christ Church in Albion have been cancelled the remainder of the Lenten season.
• A March 18 presentation at Hoag Library about the Article 10 siting process has been cancelled. The meeting was scheduled for 6:30 p.m. with a representative from the state Department of Public Service.
Updated on March 14 at 8:25 a.m.
• The Middleport Community Choir concert scheduled for Saturday, March 14, at 7 p.m. has been cancelled.
Updated on March 13 at 1:57 p.m.
• Holley’s musical, High School Musical, has been postponed. The district was planning shows today and Saturday.
• The SAT Exam scheduled for Saturday, March 14, in Albion is cancelled. For students scheduled to take the exam, please check your College Board account to reschedule.
• Saturday’s Albion Jazz Cabaret has been cancelled due to the current health situation, said Michael Thaine, the district’s high school band teacher.
• Saturday’s Winterguard program at Medina High School has been cancelled.
• The Orleans County Farmer to Neighbor Night has been cancelled on Saturday.
• The Orleans County YMCA in Medina also has postponed its annual Healthy Kids Day, which was scheduled for March 20. This event typically brings over 200 people to the YMCA.
• The Meet & Greet that Orleans Community Health had scheduled at Medina Memorial Hospital on March 25 has been cancelled.
To report a closing, send to email@example.com.