Orleans Hub pageviews topped 8.3 million in 2022
Article on Tillman’s closing from Dec. 30, 2021 most viewed article for second year in a row
The Orleans Hub totaled 8,352,422 pageviews in 2022. That’s an average of about 700,000 a month. The Hub also averaged 8,452 daily users in 2022.
The totals are down from the previous two years when Covid pandemic news included frequent updates on closings and restrictions. With things returning somewhat back to normal this year, the Hub’s traffic is back to near pre-pandemic levels.
Here the stats on pageviews and daily users in other years since the Orleans Hub started on April 1, 2013.
- 2022: 8,352,422 – average daily unique visitors: 8,452
- 2021: 9,853,855 – average daily unique visitors: 9,195
- 2020: 10,932,597 – average daily unique visitors: 9,956
- 2019: 9,556,253 – average daily unique visitors: 8,529
- 2018: 8,467,818 – average daily unique visitors: 7,463
- 2017: 8,553,605 – average daily unique visitors: 7,884
- 2016: 8,334,946 – average daily unique visitors: 7,112
- 2015: 7,811,345 – average daily unique visitors: 6,739
- 2014: 5,267,498 – average daily unique visitors: 4,700
- 2013: 1,697,887 – average daily unique visitors: 2,100 (went live April 1)
The 10 most-viewed are typically stories about crime and tragedy, or the closing of a beloved local business.
For the second straight year the most viewed article was the closing of Tillman’s Village Inn. That article was posted on Dec. 30, 2021. It was widely shared for several days on social media throughout Western New York and among former residents who have moved away. The article got a lot of views in early January 2022.
Here are the 10 most-viewed articles in 2022:
We appreciate the Orleans Hub readers and advertisers for their commitment to the Orleans Hub. The news is offered for free without a paywall, or surveys to unlock the news.
Those who considering a donation to the Orleans Hub can click here for more information or send a check to Orleans Hub, 170 North Main St. Albion, NY.