With latest death, Orleans reaches 50 who have died from Covid-19
Orleans County is reporting one more death from Covid-19, a resident of Orchard Rehabilitation & Nursing Center in Medina.
“Our heartfelt condolences go to the family and friends of this individual during this very difficult time,” the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments said in a statement.
The death reported today brings the total to 50 in the county who have died from Covid-19. Those deaths include 19 at Orchard Rehab and Nursing, 30 at The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation Center in Albion, and one resident of the community.
Orleans is also reporting three more confirmed cases of Covid-19 today, bringing the total to 259 who have tested positive for coronavirus in the county.
The new positive cases include people who reside in Ridgeway, Murray and Gaines. One of the individuals is in the 20s, another is in the 60s and the other is in the 70s.
One of the individuals was on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive.
There are 15 residents from the county who are currently hospitalized with Covid-19.
In Genesee County, there are no new confirmed cases. Genesee has had one more resident recover from Covid-19, bringing that total to 143. Genesee doesn’t have any residents currently hospitalized from Covid-19.
Click here to view an online map of confirmed cases in Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties.
The facility breakdown shows the total positive cases from those facilities where the Health Departments has been notified of a positive swab of Covid-19.
More from the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments:
• A new GO Health Minute has been uploaded on the GOHealth NY YouTube channel. Today’s GO Health Minute is hosted by Marlee Diehl, a local Rotarian sharing about those who are “immunocompromised.”
• Phase 3 is open. With that in mind, everyone in Phase 3 should have developed and implemented their Business Safety Plan and have it in place prior to opening whether it be a business, house of worship, not-for-profit organization, etc.
You are responsible to have your plan and all necessary supplies in place prior to opening. You will not be submitting your plan, however it must be on the premises in the event of a state, local or safety inspection. Keep checking the New York Forward website for your industry/organization summary guidelines.
• Social gathering size: Per Governor Cuomo gatherings (groups, assembly, meeting, etc.) of 25 or less are permitted with social distancing and sanitization protocols in place through July 15. The Health Departments do not authorize or allow exemptions from the Governor’s orders.
• Antibody Testing: This is a current snapshot of the SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody test results both departments have received and will be updated periodically, but not daily.
- Genesee County: Of the 1,507 antibody test results received there were 41 who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 IgG (the virus that causes COVID-19) antibodies.
- Orleans County: Of the 654 antibody test results received there were 17 who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 IgG (the virus that causes COVID-19) antibodies.