Trolley makes a stop in Albion a century ago
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
ALBION – From around 1910 we see a westbound trolley car on East State Street at Main Street in Albion. The First Presbyterian Church shows in the background.
The B.L. & R. Trolley System opened in 1908 and closed down in April 1931. It connected all of the small communities along the canal to Buffalo, Lockport and Rochester.
In Albion, the tracks ran in the middle of East State and West State, making a straight run through. The B.L. & R. depot was behind the Swan Library in Albion.