Students are pictured in Yellow Schoolhouse in 1935
By Bill Lattin
Retired Orleans County Historian
ALBION – In this photo from 1935 we see the students and their teacher from District No. 9, which served both parts of Albion and Murray.
The schoolhouse, known as The Yellow Schoolhouse, was located on the west side of Transit Road just south of Route 31. It was always painted a bright yellow and served as a landmark for many years.
The students which are numbered here are identified as follows: 1. Catherine Christopher; 2. Betty Lou Lewis; 3. Alfred Christopher; 4. Angelo Christopher; 5. Carmel Christopher; 6. Frank Christopher; 7. Lloyd Kuhn Jr. and 8. Mary Jane Kuhn.
The teacher standing behind the pupils is believed to be Ella Bacon.
Editor’s Note: We have a few more Vintage Orleans photos that Bill Lattin shared with us before he retired on Dec. 31.