Eagle Harbor Golf Course in 1900
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
EAGLE HARBOR – This picture of Miss Florence Sheldon shows her around 1900 with golf clubs on the Eagle Harbor Golf Course.
The course was established in 1898. It was located on the Eagle Harbor-Waterport Road near Otter Creek.
It was a six-hole course on both sides of the road with a club house on the west side. It ceased to operate by World War II.
Sheep were used to keep it mowed, although hand mowers were used on the greens.