Law partners built one of first cottages at Oak Orchard-On-The-Lake
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
CARLTON – This stick style cottage, built in 1883, was one of the first at Oak Orchard-On-The-Lake.
The Isaac Signor Family and the Edwin Wage Family built the double cottage together. The Wages occupied the east half, the Signors the west half. Wage and Signor were law partners.
The photo of a gathering was taken in 1886. When the lake eroded to within inches of this cottage it was torn down in 1952.