Holley lumberyard made deliveries in 1920
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
HOLLEY – The forerunner of the present day Stockham Lumber Co. in Holley was the N.L. Cole Lumberyard on Geddes Street.
This was owned by Nerville L. Cole, who later owned a lumberyard on West Avenue in Albion.
Our photo from around 1920 shows Cole’s delivery truck with hard rubber tires on wooden spokes. Products advertised on the building include: lumber, coal, wood, fertilizers, mason’s materials, cedar posts and builder’s hardware.