Find us on Facebook

Former newspaper in Albion dressed up for parade

Posted 21 May 2014 at 12:00 am

By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian

ALBION – Peter A. Dragon established the Albion Advertiser in 1929. Here we see his car in the early 1930s when it was decorated for a parade.

We note the signage which states: “1st in News, Pictures, Circulation, Display Ads and Classified Ads.” The phone number was simply 1.

Under the Albion Advertiser sign it states: “Orleans County’s Finest and Best Newspaper.”

Editor’s note: The Albion Advertiser, a weekly newspaper, ceased publication in May 2013.