Eagle Harbor was the last district schoolhouse in Orleans County
By Bill Lattin, retired Orleans County Historian
EAGLE HARBOR – This photo was taken in May 1959 at the two-room District Schoolhouse in Eagle Harbor. It was the last district school to operate in Orleans County.
Mrs. Mary Long, the teacher, stands in the back of one of the classrooms while 16 of her students work on a lesson.