Vaccination clinics this week include Orleans YMCA, Darien Lake
Genesee County Health Department also hosting 2 clinics
The Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments will continue to take Covid vaccination clinics on the road this week, with opportunities to get the vaccine at the Orleans County YMCA and Darien Lake.
All clinics are now available for walk-in and registration, including for the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved to vaccinate anyone 12 years old and older.
“The pop-up clinics are a great way for our residents to conveniently get vaccinated,” said Paul Pettit, public health director for the two counties. “The clinics have been running very smoothly and residents seem happy that they don’t have to travel very far to get their vaccination.”
Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna vaccine clinics offer walk-in opportunities. However, the GO Health Departments encourage people to register and choose one of the three the vaccine. That way the Department can guarantee the dose, better space out the appointments and make the check-in process easier.
The schedule for clinics this week includes:
• Tuesday at Six Flags Darien Lake from 1 to 5 p.m., Darien Lake Human Resources, 1501 Sumner Road, Corfu. Vaccine available includes Johnson & Johnson, walk-ins and appointments (click here for appointment).
• Wednesday at Genesee County Health Department from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at 3837 W. Main Street Rd., Batavia. Vaccines available include Moderna: walk-ins and appointments (click here) and Johnson & Johnson: walk-ins and appointments (click here).
• Thursday at Orleans County YMCA from 4 to 6 p.m. at 306 Pearl St., Medina. Vaccines available include Pfizer: walk-ins and appointments (click here) and Johnson & Johnson: walk-ins.
• Saturday at Genesee County Health Department from noon to 1 p.m. at 3837 W Main Street Rd., Batavia. Vaccines available include Pfizer: walk-ins and appointments (click here).
For those who do not have internet they can call the GO Health Vaccine Registration Help Lines:
- Orleans: (585) 589-3170
- Genesee: (585) 815-7168
These lines are only to make vaccine appointments – not to answer Covid-related questions, and are not associated with either Health Department.
The GO Health Departments also are looking for businesses, churches and organizations willing to host a vaccination clinic. Those interested can fill out a survey (click here) and a Health Department staff member will then be contact.
• Covid testing: For those who are seeking testing, both health departments provide limited free rapid testing for those without symptoms at the respective Health Departments.
In Orleans County, a rapid test clinic is scheduled for June 2nd from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Orleans County Health Department at 14016 Rt. 31 West, Albion. To register for the Orleans Test Clinic, click here.
In Genesee County, a rapid test drive-through clinic is scheduled for June 3rd from 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at County Building #2, 3837 West Main St. Road, Batavia. To register for testing for the Genesee Test Clinic, click here.