UMMC in Batavia will suspend general visitation beginning Sunday
Limited visitation to continue for specific groups
Press Release, Rochester Regional Health
BATAVIA – Due to the rapidly increasing prevalence of Covid-19 in the Finger Lakes Region, Rochester Regional Health will suspend general visitation at all hospitals effective Sunday, November 8 at 7 p.m.
This includes Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital in Greece, Unied Memorial Medical Center in Batavia, and Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic in Clifton Springs, Ontario County. Newark-Wayne Community Hospital in Newark, Wayne County suspended visitation last week.
Limited visitation will be allowed in the following cases:
- Pediatric patients may have one support person on-site at a time. Two support people can alternate visitation.
- Obstetrical patients may have one on-site support person and a doula.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, and cognitive impairments, including dementia or who have conditions protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, may have a support person who is medically necessary for their care.
- Visitation at end of life.
In the above cases, visitation will only be allowed under the following conditions:
- Visitors/support people will have their temperature checked before entering the hospital and then again every 12 hours while in a clinical area.
- If a visitor/support person has a fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or more) or displays symptoms, they are not allowed into the hospital.