Trailer burns in wooded area of Yates
YATES – A trailer in a wooded area along Marshall Road in the Town of Yates burned this afternoon.
The owner of the trailer was working with a power saw. He hit a nail and suspects a spark caught the insulation on fire. It quickly spread at 1867 Marshall Rd.
The trailer was not being in lived in. The owner was trying to make improvements so it could be used as a camp during the summer.
“It’s nice and peaceful,” said the owner, who asked that his name not be used.
He tried to put the fire out himself with a hose, but it spread too fast. Firefighters were able keep the fire from moving to the nearby woods, said Adam Ehrenreich, a captain with the Lyndonville Fire Department.