The Elks Club used to meet in downtown Albion a century ago
By Bill Lattin, Orleans County Historian
The Albion Lodge No. 1006, B.P.O. Elks, was organized on Jan. 29, 1906. The organization’s club rooms and lodge were located on the third floor of what is now the Five Star Bank building on Main Street in downtown Albion.
This series of five interior pictures shows the Elks Lodge in 1910. The top photo shows the lodge room.
The Elks Club now meets at 428 West State St., the former recreation hall for the fire department.