Barn intact but storage shed destroyed in Ridgeway fire
RIDGEWAY – A storage shed was destroyed by a fire today on Mill Road, but the blaze did not spread and cause much damage to a barn on the property.
Firefighters were dispatched to 10422 Mill Rd. at about 11:15 a.m. for reports of a barn fire. A shed was on fire likely due to two space heaters inside a small confined space, said fire investigator Steve Cooley.
The shed was pushed away from the barn, which helped keep the fire from spreading.
Responding fire departments included Ridgeway, Medina, Lyndonville and Shelby as well as the State Police and Orleans County Emergency Management.