Stained glass window has had multiple church homes
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
CARLTON – The stained glass window entitled “The Light of the World” was originally placed in the Waterport Methodist Church in 1935.
It is now located in the Carlton United Methodist Church on Archbald Road at Route 18. This window and a program of human interest stories will be discussed by the county historian at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Carlton church. A variety of desserts will be featured with tickets available at the door.
The window is based on the famous 1853 painting by English painter William Holman Hunt (1827-1910) and was created by the Haskins Stained Glass Studio out of Rochester. The evangelical theme is based on Revelation 3:20 and St. John 8:12.