Spent fireworks cause shed fire in Medina

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 6 July 2022 at 11:58 am

Provided photo

MEDINA – A shed in Medina burns on North Avenue on July 4. Firefighters were dispatched to scene at 12:14 a.m.

Crews arrived at 12:16 a.m. and discovered the fire had extended to an automobile with a house and garage in close proximity. Fire damage was contained to the shed, the automobile, fences of the nearby properties and some shrubbery, said Medina Fire Department Lt. Steve Cooley.

“The fire is being ruled accidental at this time,” he said. “It was caused by improper disposal of spent legal fireworks/fountain devices.”