Find us on Facebook

Smoke but no fire in Hulberton

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 10 April 2015 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers
HULBERTON – Firefighters responded to call about a house filled with smoke at about 7:30 p.m. at 3380 Hulberton Rd.

The house is north of the canal. Firefighters did not find a fire, nor an obvious cause of the smoke. The smoke came through the chimney and fireplace, but the chimney had recently been cleaned. Fran Gaylord, Orleans County deputy fire coordinator, said firefighters believe a big gust of wind may have blown the smoke down the chimney and into the house.

Firefighters helped ventilate the house before leaving the scene. Albion, Holley and Fancher-Hulberton-Murray departments all responded to the call.

Fire police had a section of the road closed near the canal.