Several pop-up clinics available this week for Covid vaccine
‘With everyone looking forward to the summer and the looser restrictions we encourage everyone to get vaccinated now.’ – Paul Pettit, public health director
Press Release, Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments
Genesee Orleans County Health Departments will be on the road this week with pop=up Covid-19 vaccine clinics.
Clinics with Johnson & Johnson Janssen and Moderna will be available for walk-in and registration. Pfizer clinics are by registration only.
“As we transition away from the larger mass vaccination clinic approach, we will be hosting mobile clinics that will be held in various locations throughout our communities along with smaller scaled clinics at both of the health departments moving forward,” stated Paul Pettit, Public Health Director for the two counties. “Working with community partners in both counties is a great way to reach out to those who want to be vaccinated against Covid.”
J & J and Moderna clinics offer walk-in opportunities. However, we encourage you to register via the vaccination webpage (click here) and choose the vaccine that best works for you. You can also click on the direct links below.
For those who do not have internet they can call the GO Health Vaccine Registration Help Lines:
- Genesee: 585-815-7168
- Orleans: 585-589-3170
These lines are only to make vaccine appointments, are not able to answer Covid-related questions, and are not associated with either Health Department.
“With everyone looking forward to the summer and the looser restrictions we encourage everyone to get vaccinated now,” Pettit said. “There are plenty of options to get any of the three vaccines offered. For your health and the health of others, we encourage everyone who is able to be vaccinated to get vaccinated now.”
The clinics this week include:
Today (May 10)
• 9 to 11:30 am, 1:30-4:30 p.m. at Ridgeway Fire Hall, 11392 Ridge Rd., Medina. Moderna: walk-ins and appointments; J&J: walk-ins. Click here for more information. As of 10:30 a.m. there are 72 appointments available.
Tuesday (May 11)
Wednesday (May 12)
• 9 to 11 a.m. at GCC Athletic Arena, 1 College Rd., Batavia. Moderna: Walk-ins and appointments (click here) and J&J: walk-ins.
Thursday (May 13)
• 1 to 4 p.m. at Ridgeway Fire Hall, 11392 Ridge Rd., Medina. Moderna: walk-ins and appointments. Click here for more information. As of 10:30 a.m., there are 72 appointments available. J&J has walk-ins available.
Friday (May 14)
• 3 to 7 p.m. at Batavia Downs Gaming, 8315 Park Rd, Batavia. J&J: walk-ins and appointments (click here).
Saturday (May 15)
• 9 a.m. to noon at GCC Athletic Arena, 1 College Rd, Batavia. Pfizer: appointment only (click here) and J&J: walk-ins.
If you are a business/church/organization that is interested in hosting a vaccination clinic at your location, please fill out the survey (click here). One of our staff members will be in contact with you.
For those who are seeking testing, both health departments provide limited free rapid testing for those without symptoms at the respective Health Departments.
For Orleans County, a rapid test clinic is scheduled for May 12th from 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Orleans County Health Department at 14016 Rt. 31 West, Albion. For Genesee County, a rapid test drive-through clinic is scheduled for May 13th from 1:15 to 3:15 p.m. at County Building #2, 3837 West Main St. Road, Batavia.
To register for testing go to the GO Health testing page (click here) and choose your preferred clinic location.