School starts Tuesday for Lyndonville, Wednesday for other districts in Orleans
Lyndonville has the first day of school on Tuesday while Albion, Holley, Kendall and Medina have the first day of classes on Wednesday.
Holley hosts a back-to-school night on Tuesday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. with events at the elementary and middle-high schools.
Lyndonville and Medina have both had contractors on site this summer working on capital projects.
To see a map of the new Lyndonville design for the parking areas, parent drop-off entrance, and student and visitor entrance, click here.
The Orleans County Christian School also starts its school year on Wednesday.
AAA, in its “School’s Open – Drive Carefully” campaign, wants to reduce the number of school-related pedestrian injuries and fatalities. AAA issued the following recommendations to drivers:
• Always stop for a school bus when the lights are flashing
• Slow down
• Remove all distractions from the driver – put cell phones down
• Do not pass other vehicles
• Obey crossing guards at all times
• Expect the unexpected
• Check you mirrors before moving
• Teach your children the rules of traffic safety