Resident puts out small fire inside home on Phipps Road

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 17 September 2023 at 8:48 pm

Photos by Tom Rivers

ALBION – Firefighters check on any hot spots at a trailer on Phipps Road in Albion. Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at about 6:15 p.m.

Lisa McGuire was home and used water from a garden hose to put out a small fire from a plug-in heater that was malfunctioning, said her husband Chris McGuire. Four children were also inside and everyone was able to get out safely.

Mrs. McGuire was checked out at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from Albion, Barre, Carlton, Medina and Shelby responded, as well as Monroe Ambulance, the Orleans County Emergency Management Office and Orleans County Sheriff’s Office.