Republicans have primaries in 8 of 10 towns in Orleans
There will be Republican primaries in eight of 10 towns on Sept. 12, including four for town supervisor, the top elected position in each town.
Last week was the deadline for candidates to submit petitions to the Board of Elections in Albion.
Here are the primary races for the right to the Republican line for the Nov. 7 general election.
• Barre – Sean Pogue and Robin Nacca for town supervisor
• Carlton – David Krull (incumbent) and Kurt VanWycke for highway superintendent
• Gaines – Carol Culhane (incumbent) and Joseph Grube are both running for town supervisor. Three are seeking for two positions as town council members, including Tyler Allport and incumbents Susan Smith and James Kirby.
• Murray – Joseph Sidonio and Robert Miller are both on the ballot for town supervisor. Three are running for two spots on the Town Board, including incumbent Paul Hendel, and Michael Mele and Michael Whalen.
• Ridgeway – Two for town clerk, including Tara White and Karen Kaiser
• Shelby – Two are running for town supervisor, Wendi Pencille and Edward Houseknecht. Three are seeking two positions at town councilmen, including Geraldine Zinkievich and incumbents Stephen Seitz Sr. and William Bacon.
• Yates – Three are running for two positions on the Town Board including Howard Pierce, Harold Suhr and incumbent James Whipple.