Red Cross provides aid to family after Albion fire

By Tom Rivers, Editor Posted 19 September 2014 at 12:00 am

Photos by Tom Rivers – A fire this morning on Phipps Road ruined most of a home, forcing a family with five young children to seek temporary shelter.

ALBION – A family with five children lost most of their possessions after their home was badly damaged in a fire today at 13576 Phipps Rd.

Lisa and Christopher McGuire lived at the house with their five children as well as Mrs. McGuire’s aunt. No one was hurt in the fire, but they lost nearly all of their material belongings, said the couple’s niece, Chelsea Christopher.

The Red Cross is providing temporary shelter for the family at Dollinger’s Motel. Christopher is seeking clothing donations, as well as diapers, wipes and food. People are welcome to contact her at 585-590-1246 by text or through her Facebook page if they want to help.

The fire started in a stove and spread through the house, with flames reaching the second floor.