Prescription drug take-back this Saturday at Public Safety Building
There will be a prescription drug take-back event on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Orleans County Public Safety Building – 13925 State Route 31.
This is a collaborative effort with the U.S. Department of Justice – Drug Enforcement Administration and the Orleans County Sheriff’s Office, Sheriff Chris Bourke said.
“This is a great opportunity for the public to surrender unwanted and/or expired medications and sharps for safe and proper disposal,” he said. “Events such as these have dramatically reduced the risk of prescription drug diversion and abuse, as well as increasing awareness of this critical public health issue.”
There also are drug take-back events on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following locations:
- Alva Place Parking Lot – corner of Alva Place and Bank Street, Batavia
- Pembroke Town Hall – Rt. 5 at Rt. 77, Pembroke
- LeRoy Police Department – 3 West Main St., LeRoy
- Wyoming County Sheriff’s Office – 151 North Main St., Warsaw
- Attica Police Department – 43 Exchange St., Attica
- Perry Police Department – 46 North Main St., Perry