Pellet stove fills Ridgeway house with smoke
Photos by Tom Rivers
RIDGEWAY – A fire in a pellet stove filled a Ridgeway house on Porter Road with smoke late this afternoon.
Firefighters from Medina and Ridgeway fire departments responded to 12271 Porter Rd. after the dispatch call went out at 4:04 p.m.
Firefighters emptied the stove and would then check the chimney to see if it was clogged, Ridgeway Fire Chief Don Marchner said.
Firefighters also set up vans to ventilate the house owned by Donna Riches.
Marchner, left, discusses the situation with Mike Maak, a captain with Medina Fire Department.