Ortt, State Senate GOP present ‘Take Back NY’ agenda
‘Democrat One-Party Rule has been nothing short of a disaster for New York State’ – Rob Ortt
Press Release, State Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt
ALBANY — The New York State Senate Republican Conference today officially released its “Take Back New York” 2022 legislative agenda.
A response to the neglect and decline of our state created by Democrat One-Party Rule, Take Back New York would restore balance and common sense to government while vigorously rejecting the extreme policies of the past three years.
“Democrat One-Party Rule has been nothing short of a disaster for New York State,” said Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt. “From escalating taxes to blatant pro-criminal policies and extreme government overreach, it’s become harder than ever to live in our communities — something reflected in the growing exodus of our fellow New Yorkers. It’s more vital than ever, for them, that we take back our state from out-of-touch politicians and restore some sanity and common sense to our government. Take Back New York 2022 is the first step in accomplishing that and restoring our reputation as the Empire State.”
Take Back New York 2022 is a comprehensive agenda that helps grow our local and state economies, provides financial breathing room for middle-class families and small business owners and makes public safety an urgent priority. If enacted, Take Back New York 2022 would:
- Offer a better quality of life for all New Yorkers by repealing bail reform and supporting law enforcement and crime victims, as well as expanding and ensuring access to a quality education for all our children;
- Make New York more affordable for every resident by cutting our highest-in-the-nation tax burden and enacting a series of measures that lower childcare and the day-to-day cost of living in our state;
- Develop a strong workforce for a strong economy through substantive training and development programs, and a major commitment to our family farms;
- Improve our business climate and expand economic opportunity by cutting burdensome regulations, investing in physical infrastructure and broadband statewide, and moving toward a cleaner energy future;
- Ensure security for our vulnerable populations by securing funding for our veterans, providing needed resources to our seniors and their caregivers, combating the opioid crisis and better treating mental wellness; and
- Restore accountability to the state government in the aftermath of disgraced ex-Gov. Cuomo’s rampant abuses of power.
For more details on the New York State Senate Republicans’ Take Back New York 2022 agenda, click here.