Ortt announces conference leadership positions for Republicans in State Senate
Press Release, State Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt
ALBANY – Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt, who was re-elected unanimously last year to serve another term as Minority Leader, today announced key leadership posts within the Republican Conference for the upcoming Legislative session.
Ortt represents the 62nd Senate District which includes all of Orleans, Niagara and part of western Monroe counties.
As the minority conference leader, Ortt announced the following leadership assignments:
- Senator Andrew Lanza – Deputy Minority Leader and Floor Leader
- Senator Tom O’Mara – Ranking Member, Senate Finance Committee
- Senator Pam Helming – Chair of the Senate Republican Conference
- Senator Pat Gallivan – Minority Whip
- Senator Joseph Griffo – Assistant Minority Leader
- Senator Anthony Palumbo – Deputy Floor Leader
- Senator Jack Martins – Vice Chair of the Senate Minority Conference
“The Senate Republican Conference is heading into the new legislative session with an impressive class of freshman senators, as well as veteran members who are ready to continue the great work they have done on behalf of all New Yorkers,” Ortt said. “Our agenda will continue to prioritize the issues that matter most to hardworking New Yorkers – we are focused and energized to get to work and help make New York safer, stronger, and more affordable for all.”