Orleans reports no new Covid-19 cases, while Genesee adds 3
There are no new Covid-19 cases to report today in Orleans County while Genesee has 3 new cases, the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments said this afternoon.
Orleans remains at 288 cases, while Genesee now has had 279 people test positive.
The new cases in Genesee are people from Batavia and Bergen. One case is a person in the 30s, another is in the 50s, and the other is a person in the 60s.
The new cases are people who were not on quarantine prior to testing positive.
The Health Departments also are reporting two more recoveries in Genesee County, and those people have been released from mandatory isolation.
Genesee also has 42 more people on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states.
Orleans also has one more recovery from Covid-19 and that person has been released from mandatory isolation. There are currently two active cases in Orleans.
The Health Departments also report there are 15 new individuals on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states.
Click here to see an online map of confirmed cases in Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties.
• State-wide Data: Gov. Andrew Cuomo reported today there are new lows in hospitalizations (418), ICU patients (109) and deaths (1) since mid-March.
There were also 656 new positive cases in the state on Sunday out of 66,241 test results, for a positive rate of 0.99 percent.
More from the Genesee & Orleans County Health Departments:
• Agricultural Seasonal Worker Covid-19 Testing Opportunity: The Departments of Agriculture and Markets, Health, and Labor are partnering with county health departments, Cornell Cooperative Extension, New York Farm Bureau and community health partners in Clinton, Genesee, Orleans, Ulster and Wayne counties to offer free Covid-19 testing to agricultural workers.
These counties were selected for this opportunity as these counties see the highest number of out-of-state workers during harvest season. For registration, click here.
• Gyms & Fitness Centers:
In order for these centers to prepare for potential reopening, it is important for owners and managers to review the guidelines, develop their business safety plan and read and affirm the detailed guidelines located on the NY Forward website.
Prior to reopening and inspection, gym owners and managers will have to adhere to the NYS guidelines which can be found on the NY Forward website and completing the following steps:
- Develop a business safety plan,
- Have an HVAC inspection by an approved professional,
- Complete the affirmation for each facility location that they have reviewed and understand the New York State guidelines and will implement these protocols. Click the link for the affirmation statement and choose gyms and fitness centers.
Once the business safety plan and air handling inspection are complete and an attestation form is submitted, Genesee and Orleans counties will begin the process of scheduling inspections. All facilities must schedule an inspection within two weeks of opening. These steps must be completed prior to scheduling an inspection. For Genesee County call 585-344-2580 ext. 5555 and for Orleans County call 585-589-3278.