Orleans reports 2 more Covid-19 cases, both residents of Gaines
Orleans County has 2 more confirmed cases of Covid-19. Both are residents of Gaines, with one person in the 30s and another in the 50s, the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments reported.
Both of the new positive individuals were not on quarantine prior to testing positive. Orleans has now had 303 people test positive for Covid-19.
Orleans also has 5 new individuals on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states. One resident from Orleans is hospitalized due to Covid, the Health Departments reported this afternoon.
In Genesee County, there aren’t any new Covid cases to report today. The county does have 25 new individuals on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states.
Two residents in Genesee are hospitalized due to Covid.
• State-wide data: Governor Andrew Cuomo today announced over 9 million diagnostic tests for Covid-19 have been conducted to date in New York State, and that the number of positive cases yesterday — 0.98 percent — was below one percent for the 34th day in a row.
“New Yorkers are the ones who have flattened the curve,” Cuomo said. “Thanks to their hard work, for 34 straight days, our infection rate has remained below one percent. We have conducted over 9 million tests to date – that’s more per capita than any other state in the country and more than most countries on the globe. But we cannot go backwards – we must keep up the hard work and wear our masks, wash our hands and socially distance.”
Of the 76,813 test results reported to New York State yesterday, 757, or 0.98 percent, were positive.
Other state-wide data includes:
- Patient Hospitalization – 482 (+19)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 78
- Number ICU – 120 (-1)
- Number ICU with Intubation – 55 (-4)
- Deaths – 7 (Total Deaths – 25,377)