Orleans reports 1 more death at The Villages, for 22 total
County has 2 more recoveries, bringing that total to 51
One more person at The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehabilitation center has died from Covid-19, bringing the total deaths at the nursing home to 22 due to the coronavirus. The Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments announced the death today.
Orleans County also has one more confirmed case of Covid-19,a person from Carlton in the 70s. That brings the total confirmed cases of Covid-19 to 167 in Orleans County.
The newly positive community case was not on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic, the health department said.
The county also has had two more people recover from the virus, bringing the total recoveries in the community to 51.
The health department also reports that 15 people from the county are currently hospitalized with Covid-19.
Genesee County has two new confirmed cases of Covid-19, bringing the county’s total to 172 cases.
One of the new positive cases resides in Batavia and other lives in Bergen. One of the individuals is in the 20s and the other is in the 50s. Both were not on quarantine prior to becoming symptomatic.
Five of the previous positive cases have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation, bringing Genesee’s total recoveries to 104.
One Genesee resident remains hospitalized from coronavirus.
Click here to view an online map of Covid-19 cases in Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties. The map shows there are 22 active community cases in Orleans County, 13 in Genesee and six in Wyoming.
More information form the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments:
The facility breakdown is only showing those facilities from where the health department has received notice of a positive swab for Covid-19. Facilities will be added if there is a positive case of Covid-19.
Because the local health departments don’t follow the positive cases for facilities, we cannot report any recoveries from the facilities with positive cases of Covid-19. If a regulated facility from either of our counties is not listed, there are no positive cases of Covid-19. The local health departments do not have oversight with many regulated facilities, which may include nursing homes, correctional facilities, hospitals, etc.
• Social gatherings: We have plenty of guidance and criteria for businesses to safely open and encourage everyone to visit the ESD website, NY Forward and the Regional Control Room for guidance and to answer your questions.
• Un-PAUSING does NOT mean we can start having social events, even outside. The Executive Order bans gatherings of any kind, in any location, to no more than 10 people.
The more socialization that occurs the higher risk of transmitting the virus, especially to those who are most vulnerable. It is imperative we still restrict social/family gatherings until we are certain to have this under control and/or there is a vaccine.
• It is expected we will see an uptick of positive cases and mandatory quarantines as social interaction increases. If cases increase, it shows us people may be ignoring the orders to not have gatherings of 10 or more people, not social distancing, not hand washing/sanitizing, disinfecting shared surfaces often, and/or not wearing face coverings properly.
This can also impact our ability to continue the re-opening phases. We ask that you respect the guidance and continue to social distance.
• New York State on PAUSE: NYS on PAUSE will continue until at least May 28, regarding large and social gatherings. To assist local authorities with enforcement of these orders, the Governor established the New York State PAUSE Enforcement Assistance Task Force where individuals can file complaints regarding the operation of non-essential businesses or gatherings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here to file a complaint online. You may also call 1-833-789-0470. Businesses that are not in compliance with the Governor’s executive order may be penalized.
• Re-Opening Guidance with links to assist businesses:
• Link to the NY Forward Reopening guide: click here.
• Link to NY Forward website: click here
• Link to NY Forward “Can I re-open” business look-up tool: click here.
• Covid-19 Test Finder: click here.