Orleans has first Covid-19 case in a week
Orleans County is reporting one new confirmed case of Covid-19 today, the first new case in a week. The county has now had 286 people test positive for the virus.
The new positive case is an Albion resident in the 50s. The individual was not on quarantine prior to testing positive, the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments said.
Two of the previous positive individuals have recovered and have been released from mandatory isolation. The county has now had 131 people from the community recover after getting Covid-19.
The Health Departments also reported 22 new individuals are on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states.
In Genesee County there aren’t any new cases to report since Friday. The county has thtee more recoveries, bringing that total to 214.
Genesee has one resident hospitalized from Covid-19, and 13 new individuals are on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states.
Click here to view the online map of confirmed cases in Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties.
• State-wide data: Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced a new record-low Covid-19 test positivity rate of 0.66 percent. There were 408 positive cases out of 62,031 test results. This was the 17th straight day with the positivity rate below 1 percent.
There are 482 hospitalizations in the state due to Covid-19, 120 people in ICU, and there were seven deaths on Sunday, bringing the total confirmed deaths in the state from Covid-19 to 25,295.
More from the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments:
• Gyms & Fitness Centers: In order for these centers to prepare for potential reopening today, it is important for owners and managers to review the guidelines, develop their business safety plan and read and affirm the detailed guidelines located on the NY Forward website.
Prior to reopening and inspection, gym owners and managers will have to adhere to the NYS guidelines which can be found on the NY Forward website and completing the following steps:
- Develop a business safety plan,
- Have an HVAC inspection by an approved professional,
- Complete the affirmation for each facility location that they have reviewed andunderstand the New York State guidelines and will implement these protocols. Click the link for the affirmation statement and choose gyms and fitness centers.
Once the business safety plan and air handling inspection are complete and an attestation form is submitted, Genesee and Orleans Counties will begin the process of scheduling inspections. All facilities must schedule an inspection within two weeks of opening. These steps must be completed prior to scheduling an inspection. For Genesee County call 585-344-2580 ext. 5555 and for Orleans County call 585-589-3278.