Orleans has 1 new Covid-19 case, while Genesee has 5 more
The Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments said there is one new confirmed case of Covid-19 in Orleans and five more in Genesee since Friday.
Orleans has now had 277 people test positive for Covid-19. The new case is a person in the 50s from Yates. The individual was not on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive, the Health Departments reported this afternoon.
The county also has 27 new individuals on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states. One resident from Orleans is currently hospitalized due to Covid-19.
Genesee’s 5 new cases bring the total to 261 who have tested positive in Genesee. The new cases include residents of Batavia, Elba and Pembroke. One is in the 20s, one in the 40s, another in the 50s, one in the 60s and the other resident is in the 70s.
The individuals were not on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive.
Genesee also has 33 new individuals on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states. One Genesee resident is hospitalized.
Genesee is also reporting five more recoveries from Covid-19, bringing that total in the community to 196.
Click here to view to see an online map of confirmed cases in Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming counties. Currently there are 12 active cases in the three counties.
• State update: Gov. Andrew Cuomo today reported there are 536 people hospitalized with Covid-19, the lowest since March 17.
The intubations is down to 62, the lowest since mid-March. There were three confirmed deaths from Covid-19 in the state, including none in New York City for the second straight day.
Of the 51,839 test results reported to New York State on Sunday, 545 or 1.05 percent, were positive.
More from the Genesee and Orleans County Health Department:
• Discrepancy with state data: We only report the numbers that are directly received to our departments. NYS data has been off due to some results being linked to people with one of our county’s addresses but actually don’t live in either county. These results are transferred to the appropriate county of residence, but are not reflected in the state’s daily updates.
• Facilities: There are currently no new positive cases of residents in any of the non-county regulated facilities in Genesee or Orleans counties. If we have any changes we will re-post the graph with updates which will include all previous confirmed cases and number of deaths.
• Travel Advisory: New York is requiring travelers from the following 34 states with high coronavirus rates to self-quarantine for 14 days: Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
The list also includes Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico.
Those violating could be subject to a judicial order and mandatory quarantine and potential fines. These states may change at any time.
• Be alert for scam artists: The Genesee and Orleans County Health Department staff will always identify themselves, their position, and the reason for their visit or phone call. All staff have county provided identification badges that have their pictures.
In the event you are approached by someone stating they are from the health department without a clear reason for their visit or phone call, do not let them in your home, do not give them any information and call 911.