Orleans has 1 new case of Covid-19, a Yates resident
A Yates resident who is in the 30s is the latest confirmed case of Covid-19 in Orleans County. The individual was not on mandatory quarantine prior to testing positive, the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments reported this afternoon.
The county has now had 288 people test positive for Covid-19.
Genesee County doesn’t have any new Covid-19 cases to report today. The county has one more recovery for 215 total.
Genesee also is reporting three more people on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states. One Genesee resident also is hospitalized who has Covid.
• State-wide data: Gov. Andrew Cuomo reported that 791 people tested positive for Covid on Wednesday out of 83,437 test results for a positive rate of 0.95 percent. That is the 20thstraight day the state has been under a positive rate of 1 percent.
Other data includes:
- Patient Hospitalization – 490 (-2)
- Number ICU – 126 (-10)
- Number ICU with Intubation – 52 (-2)
- Deaths – 4 (Total Deaths – 25,309)
More from the Genesee & Orleans County Health Departments:
• Agricultural Seasonal Worker Covid-19 Testing Opportunity: The Departments of Agriculture and Markets, Health, and Labor are partnering with county health departments, Cornell Cooperative Extension, New York Farm Bureau and community health partners in Clinton, Genesee, Orleans, Ulster and Wayne counties to offer free Covid-19 testing to agricultural workers.
These counties were selected for this opportunity as these counties see the highest number of out-of-state workers during harvest season. For registration, click here.