Orleans, Genesee both report no new Covid-19 cases
New nursing home visitation guidelines in effect today
Orleans and Genesee counties both are again reporting no new confirmed Covid-19 cases today. Orleans has gone two days without a new case while Genesee’s streak is up to eight straight days without a new confirmed case.
Genesee is reporting four more people on precautionary quarantine due to travel from restricted states, while Orleans has added 2 more people on precautionary quarantine.
• State-wide Data: Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the state’s Covid-19 infection rate remained below 1 percent. Yesterday, 0.98 of test results reported to New York State were positive or 896 of the 91,504 test results.
Other state data includes:
- Patient Hospitalization – 486 (+3)
- Number ICU – 135 (-3)
- Number ICU with Intubation – 68 (+1)
- Deaths – 3 (Total Deaths – 25,413)
More from the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments:
• Nursing Home Visitation: New guidance for skilled nursing facility visitation is available by clicking here.
The state is requiring the facilities to have visitors provide proof of negative Covid-19 test results within 7 days of visit. This may result in multiple tests to continue to visit your loved ones. To find additional test sites nearest you, click here.
• New York School Districts will be providing the NYS Department of Health with daily data on the number of people who have tested positive for Covid-19. When the reporting starts to come back, the Covid Report Card will be live. To access, click here.