Orleans extends streak to 5 days without new confirmed Covid-19 cases
Orleans County, for the fifth straight day, doesn’t have any new confirmed cases of Covid-19.
The county has one new recovery, bringing that total to 113 people in the community who have recovered after contracting Covid-19.
There are seven Orleans County resident currently hospitalized with Covid-19, the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments reported this afternoon.
Genesee County also doesn’t have any new confirmed cases of Covid-19 and has one more recovery. Genesee has now had 165 recoveries in the community.
The two counties have had 495 people test positive for Covid-19, with 267 in Orleans and 228 in Genesee.
More from the Genesee and Orleans County Health Departments:
• Masks: Masks/Face-coverings are still required to be properly worn (covering nose & mouth) for all employees who work with the public. They are to be worn with direct contact (and all food service workers are to properly wear coverings when preparing and serving food – no exceptions) with the public as well as with co-workers when social distancing of 6 feet or more is not able to be kept.
All residents over the age of 2 years old and able to medically tolerate a face-covering are required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in public and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining social distance of 6 feet or more.
• Social Gathering Sizes: According to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Orders 202.42 and 202.45, all non-essential gatherings of up to 50 of individuals of any size for any reason (graduation parties, celebrations, or other social events) unless otherwise designated (ex. religious gatherings) are now allowed for those regions in phase 4. This is as long as requirements are followed for appropriate social distancing, and wearing cloth masks/face coverings over the mouth and nose.
• Community Testing Sites: Check with the testing site for any specific criteria necessary for testing such as illness, contact with someone who tested positive, essential worker, required for reopening/business, etc. Many need to have a doctor referral/prescription. Always call first.
- WellNow Urgent Care: 4189 Veterans Memorial Drive Batavia, NY 14020.
- Rochester Regional Health Urgent Care: 16 Bank Street Batavia, NY 14020. (Rochester Regional Health has transitioned Covid-19 evaluations from the tents at 127 North Street to Urgent Care.)
- Oak Orchard Health: 301 West Ave Albion, NY 14411. Call (585) 589-5613 to be screened and to schedule an appointment – no walk-ins
• Antibody Testing: This is a current snapshot of the SARS-CoV-2 antibody test results in the two counties.
- Genesee County: Of the 1,639 antibody test results received there were 51 who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) antibodies.
- Orleans County: Of the 709 antibody test results received there were 17 who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) antibodies.