Orleans Community Health limiting visitors due to Covid spike
With Orleans County seeing an increase in Covid cases, and the community considered a red zone by the CDC for highest Covid community transmission, Orleans Community Health will be limiting visitors to Medina Memorial Hospital.
The updated guidelines include visiting hours on the Medical-Surgical floor/Transitional Care will be from 1 to 2 p.m. daily and 7 to 8 p.m. Those hours were from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. There also won’t be visitors allowed into the Emergency Department. (Exceptions may be made in end-of-life situations.)
Visitors must abide by the following guidelines:
- All visitors will be required to undergo the Covid-19 screening upon entering the hospital.
- Visitors must wear face coverings at all times (covering mouth and nose), regardless of the visitor or patient vaccination status for influenza or Covid-19.
- Visitors who fail to wear a face covering and other PPE as requested by the facility will be asked to leave the facility.
- Visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- Once in the facility, visitors must remain in the patient’s room throughout the visit, except when directed to leave by hospital staff during aerosol-generating procedures or other procedures or circumstances for which visitors are usually asked to leave or to use the restroom, and must be appropriately distanced from any other patients or staff.
Department Visitation Guidelines:
- General Visiting on the Medical-Surgical floor/Transitional Care: One visitor may be permitted between the hours of 1 to 2 p.m. or 7 to 8 p.m., except in certain circumstances. On a case-by-case basis, limitations may need to be made due to the clinical condition of the patient or at a patient’s request. In addition, caregiving by family members is encouraged, at the discretion of the family and patient.
- Emergency Department: No Visitors may be permitted, except when necessary to carry out the patient’s treatment. Emergency Department staff will keep visitors informed of the patient’s condition.
- Surgery: One visitor may be permitted and will be provided with a waiting area on the third floor.
- Lab/Radiology: No visitors are permitted at this time. Exceptions include: if the patient is a minor, disabled, or other requirement is needed that hospital associates are unable to provide.
- Ultrasounds: One visitor may be permitted.
- North Wing/Nursing Home Residence: Please review the current policy (click here) or call Randi Rushing for additional details (585) 798-8120.
The following will not be permitted:
- Anyone who reports or exhibits shortness of breath, fever, cough, or other potential Covid-19 symptoms
- Individuals who have an active diagnosis of Covid-19 or who are persons under investigation for Covid-19.
- Individuals wanting to visit a hospital patient who has an active diagnosis of Covid-19 or who is a person under investigation with Covid-19 or had contact with a person who is actively under investigation for Covid-19 within 10 days.
- Individuals under quarantine for any other reason including out-of-state travel as defined by the most current New York State travel advisory.