Organizers decide to cancel National Night Out due to Covid uncertainty
Press Release, Albion Police Chief Roland Nenni
ALBION – It is with deep regret that we must announce that the 2021 National Night Out Event scheduled for August 3 is being cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns.
Last year’s event was postponed from its original date of August 4, 2020 and rescheduled to October 6, 2020. The event then had to be cancelled.
The National Night Out Committee hoped that the risks associated with Covid-19 would be mitigated by August. However, the reality is that it is unknown as to when large gatherings will be safe. While we as a community have done an amazing job to control the infection rate, we cannot guarantee that our event could be held in a manner to keep people safe.
This is very unfortunate as the event helps connect people in need with resources that can be life changing. This at a time when those resources are needed more than ever. The National Night Out committee is committed to bring back the event in the future and make it better than ever.
Any donations that were made to the event will be applied to next event unless they are requested to be refunded. The next event will be held on August 2, 2022 at Bullard Park.
Below is a list of past participants that may can be contacted if anyone needs that assistance that they offer to our community:
- Orleans United Drug Free Communities Coalition Tobacco Free GLOW
- Parent Network of WNY
- Oak Orchard Health
- OCALS Learning Services
- Catholic Charities Friendly Phones & Home Visitation Program Orleans County YMCA
- Care Net Center of Greater Orleans
- Light of Victory Church
- Albion Free Methodist Church Youth & Kids Ministry
- MHA of Genesee & Orleans County
- Orleans County STOP DWI
- ABCD at Holley
- Orleans County Child & Family Services
- Orleans Community Health
- Orleans County Department of Mental Health
- Medina Area Association of Churches (MAAC)
- The Arc of Genesee/Orleans Rainbow Preschool
- Community Action of Orleans & Genesee Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Orleans • • County Health Department
- Orleans County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Fidelis Care
- Genesee/Orleans Ministry of Concern- Just Friends Youth Mentoring Program
- Genesee/Orleans Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse- Prevention
- OC Valor MRC
- Hoag Library
- Orleans County Chamber of Commerce
- Early Head Start Child Care Partnership
- ACT – Helping Youth ACT Responsibly
- Albion Lions Club