Niagara sheriff releases name of 27-year-old who died from carbon monoxide poisoning
LOCKPORT – Niagara County Sheriff Michael J. Filicetti has released the name of the man from Lockport who died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Christmas.
Timothy M. Murphy of the Town of Lockport succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning. Kathy D. Murphy of the Town of Lockport remains hospitalized in the ICU at St. Mary’s hospital, Filicetti said in a news release.
The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Dogwood Drive at 9:13 a.m. on Sunday after a report that two people were unconscious at the residence.
Responding units found the residence overcome with carbon monoxide. Mr. Murphy was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The sheriff said that heavy snow covered the external furnace causing carbon monoxide to enter the residence.