Nearly 500 sign up for free rapid Covid testing in Orleans on Wednesday
KNOWLESVILLE – Orleans County has already had a big response to the first day of free rapid Covid testing in the county with 480 people already preregistered for the event on Wednesday from 1 to 4 p.m.
The county expects to offer the events every Wednesday until late January at the Fairgrounds. People should enter from Taylor Hill Road and then will exit on the east side of the property on Wood Road.
All of the slots for the self-administered test are full for tomorrow, and a new link will be posted on Thursday for people to sign up for the testing on Dec. 23.
The focus is for asymptomatic individuals. Genesee County has already had four of the events, with all of the slots filling up beforehand.
For both Genesee and Orleans, the Health Department advises the following guidelines:
- You must pre-register for any of the county clinics.
- If you have a printer, complete the GO Health Intake Form (click here) and bring it with you. If you completed the Intake form online please print it out and bring it with you. If you don’t have a printer, the form will be provided for you at the clinic.
- Make sure you have a pen in your vehicle.
- Everyone in the vehicle is to have their mask on when they pull up at the testing site.
- For those who are getting tested, they may get a call fairly quickly from an unknown number…please answer the phone. Staff cannot leave messages and can only give results to the individual tested or the guardian of minor children. Hard copy results will be e-mailed within 48 hours if we have a valid e-mail address.