Memorial Day events are planned in Orleans County communities
Here is the list for Memorial Day parades and events in Orleans County for today (with Kendall’s celebration on Thursday):
• Albion – Parade starts near the Orleans County Court House on Main Street at 10 a.m. and proceeds to the Albion Middle School front lawn where there will be a service near the Vietnam Memorial. Former State Assemblyman Charlie Nesbitt is the featured speaker. He was a helicopter pilot during the Vietnam War.
• Holley – A ceremony will start at the American Legion Post at 9 a.m. and proceed to the VFW Post and then to Holy Cross Cemetery. Nesbitt is also speaking at that ceremony.
• Lyndonville – The parade will start at 9 a.m. at the Catholic Church and end near the library. A ceremony will be held there and includes music by the Lyndonville school chorus and band. For the third year, the Yates Community Library arranged to have many flags in the school front yard.
• Medina – The parade will start at 11 a.m. at the Olde Pickle Factory building and proceed to the State Street Park where a ceremony will be held.
At noon, the World War I cannon and memorial will be rededicated at State Street Park.
• Kendall – The town has its Memorial Day observance on Thursday, May 30. Kendall alternates the location among three cemeteries. This year Memorial Day will be observed at Morton Union Cemetery at 7 p.m.