Farm Bureau’s first board of directors met in 1918
By Bill Lattin
Orleans County Historian
This photo shows the first Orleans County Farm Bureau Board of Directors, which was created in 1918.
Bottom row, from left: Francis Hanlon, Chas. Porter, president; and Thomas Mack.
Top row: Ora Lee, Journal Salisbury, Frank Broadwell, G.E. Snyder, and L.J. Steel, first Orleans County Farm Bureau agent.
Offices were located in the Waterman Building on Main Street in Albion, then in a house on Platt Street and later in a house next to the Albion Post Office. Both the Waterman Building and the Platt Street house have been destroyed.