Medina Sandstone Trust approves $5k in grants for local organizations
Press Release, Medina Sandstone Trust
MEDINA – The Medina Sandstone Trust, a community endowment, just completed its eleventh year of making small grants to local programs, projects and organizations and the total in grants over that period comes to nearly $55,000 plus $8,000 in scholarships.
We’re pleased to announce the organizations selected in 2022 – each receiving $500 for their projects.
• Beds from Brian, Inc. to provide Pack n’ Plays, fitted sheets, pajamas, blankets and bed pillows for children in need through Care Net Center, Genesee Orleans Ministry of Concern and Holy Trinity Outreach requests for the 2022 holiday season.
• Boxwood Cemetery Commission to help offset the cost of rehabbing the stained glass window in the Silas Mainville Burroughs Memorial Chapel at Boxwood Cemetery.
• Genesee Orleans Ministry of Concern to their client services fund which provides assistance with services including prescription co-pays, personal hygiene items, dental care and short-term emergency housing.
• Joint Recreation Commission to help with the cost of summer programs which include Arts & Crafts and several field trips.
• OCALS Learning Services to purchase advertising and public relations materials to be used in seeking new students and volunteer tutors.
• YMCA to assist in covering the costs of scholarships, funding for field trips, special events and guest speakers for youth in the YMCA Summer Day Camp and Kinder Camp.
• Orleans Renaissance Group to erect an interpretive sign in State Street Park to honor the Burroughs family who resided on the property in the nineteenth century.
• P.Raising Kids Child Care Center to help with the cost of installing a CCTV security system.
• Go Art! to help with the cost of the 2023 Day of the Dead Celebration.
• Medina Historical Society for funds to cover historical program speaker and publicity costs.
Donations to help grow the Medina Sandstone Trust can be made at any time to the Sandstone Society, Post Office Box 25, Medina, NY 14103. Or, make an online donation at our website’s Gift Shop. Gifts to this 501(c)(3) are tax deductible.