Medina man admits burglary, could be sentenced to prison
ALBION – A Medina man admitted in Orleans County Court today that he entered a home without permission last year and took money and jewelry.
Michael Santoro, 22, of Gwinn Street admitted he entered a North Gravel Road house in Ridgeway between April 26 and May 1 last year. The house was unlocked, but Santoro said in County Court today that he didn’t have permission to be inside.
He pleaded guilty to attempted burglary in the second degree, a charge that carries a maximum of 2 to 7 years in state prison. However, as part of a plea deal today, he won’t be sentenced to more than 1 ½ to 3 years in state prison on May 23.
If Judge James Punch gives Santoro a longer sentence, Santoro can withdraw the plea and go to trial.
In another case today, a Carlton woman declined a plea deal and will go to trial on June 1.
Stacy Hamilton, 31, is accused of taking about $15,000 from her elderly grandmother. She was offered a plea deal reducing a grand larceny charge to petit larceny. Hamilton has insisted on her innocence.
Hamilton was managing the finances for the elderly woman with dementia. District Attorney Joe Cardone has said Hamilton had her grandmother sign checks and give her the money while not paying the grandmother’s taxes and other bills.
Hamilton said she never took money from her grandmother, who instead gave her money on occasion.
Punch set June 1 as the start for Hamilton’s trial.
A Holley woman was arraigned on counts of criminal sale and criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree.
Roxanne M. Thomas, 40, of 17 Jay Drive, Holley, is accused of selling suboxone to an undercover Task Force agent. She pleaded not guilty to the crimes today. She is free on $10,000 bail.