Medina hosting universal prekindergarten information night on March 2
Press Release, Medina Central School
MEDINA – The Medina School District will be hosting an information night for families of incoming universal prekindergarten students on Thursday, March 2, from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. at Oak Orchard Primary School.
Anyone wishing to attend or looking for more information is asked to sign up (click here for more information).
To be eligible for UPK, children must be 4 years old by Dec. 1, 2023. To be eligible for kindergarten, children must be 5 years old by Dec. 1, 2023.
Doors will open at 5:15 p.m. and the event will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m. There will be a brief general session for adults in the auditorium, and then participants will visit scheduled locations throughout the building. Please plan to arrive by 5:30 and stay for the duration, in order to receive all of the information prepared. Childcare will be provided for children eligible to attend school in the 2023-24 school year.
Families interested in learning more about Medina’s UPK program are asked to complete the sign up, whether or not you are able to attend the information night. If you are unable to attend, information will be shared afterward on Oak Orchard Primary School’s website and respond to the email address provided on the sign up.
Timeline for UPK application, acceptance, registration and screening:
- Thursday, March 2: UPK Information Night 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. at Oak Orchard Primary
- March 2 – April 2: UPK applications accepted at the information night, by calling the Oak Orchard Main Office, or through our website, starting on March 2.
- April 3: Families notified of acceptance into UPK Program or if program capacity is reached, that lottery is to be held.
- Week of April 3: Lottery held, if needed, and registration packets mailed.
- Week of May 1 – May 5: UPK student screening, applicants should bring all registration materials to the screening. A parent and the child are expected to attend the screening. Applicants will be contacted by phone to schedule their screening time.
Any questions can be directed to the Oak Orchard Main Office by calling 585-798-2700, option 3 and then 0, between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please be sure to register for the information night (click here).
Information for kindergarten registration to follow at a later date.