Medina hospital putting off elective surgeries, making changes in response to COVID-19
Press Release, Orleans Community Health
MEDINA – Orleans Community Health is implementing more changes in reposnse to the coronavirus of COVID-19.
With the presence of coronavirus, Orleans Community Health is continuing to take steps to protect the health and safety of its patients, visitors and staff.
Effective on Monday, March 23:
• All elective surgeries are being cancelled unless deemed medically urgent by the patient’s medical provider. If you have questions, please call Kim Gray, Director of Surgical Department at 585-798-8301.
• All radiology services including: x-rays, mammography, nuclear medicine, MRIs, etc. will be cancelled. If you have questions, please call Erica Chutko, Director of Imaging Services at 585-798-8039.
• Albion PT, OT and Speech services will be cancelled.
• Albion Healthcare Center will remain open by appointment only and for telemedicine. Please call 585-589-2273.
• The Lab at the hospital will be closed.
• Middleport and Albion outpatient labs will remain open.
• Dialysis in Medina and Batavia will continue to provide services.
• All visitation continues to be suspended except “special circumstances” (e.g. patients receiving end-of-life care, etc.). Such circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis.
• All associates and visitors will continue to be screened and have their temperature taken upon entering the hospital.
Orleans Community Health is taking these aggressive and prudent measures to limit the spread of Coronavirus in our community and to ensure our health system remains prepared to care for those who are sick and injured.
We continue to work closely with the CDC and local and state health officials to monitor and respond to this evolving situation.