Medina, Holley public libraries are closed until further notice
Both sites will offer limited access for patrons to return and borrow materials
The public libraries in Medina and Holley are closed until further notice, although both libraries intend to allow limited access for patrons to return and borrow books and materials.
Catherine Cooper, director of Lee-Whedon Memorial Library in Medina, said Lee-Whedon will be closed to the public to be in compliance with the Orleans County Health Department’s declaration of a state of emergency.
“Procedures to facilitate borrowing and returning materials will be announced,” she said in an email.
The Community Free Library in Holley will be closed to the public but will have staff in the building from 10 a.m. to noon each day to answer any questions, gather holds, and “organize your family’s needs,” Sandra Shaw, library director, said in a letter to the community.
She said the staff and Board of Trustees “want everyone to be safe during these trying times.”
Community Free Library has established following protocols so patrons can take out materials and return them.
• Access the library website at www.holleylibrary.org and place a hold on an item.
• Call the library and leave a message on the answering machine if you desire an item.
• E-mail Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Staff will wipe down the books that come in the book drop and delivery (for as long as that continues), fill holds with books that have been wiped down and placed in bags with a family’s name on them. Staff will then call and tell patrons that the items are in the library foyer from 10 a.m. to noon for someone to pick them up. The front door will be relocked at noon.
• Staff will also place in the foyer applications for library cards and instructions on how to access Hoopla (videos and books) overdrive (eBooks and audio books) and Zinio (emagazines).
• No patron will have access to the library past the foyer “as this is for your safety and ours,” Shaw wrote in her letter.
• For copies of magazines, tax forms etc., call the library at (585) 638-6987 and ask staff to then put them in a bag with the patron’s name.