Find us on Facebook

Medina fire causes about $40K in damages

Posted 10 May 2018 at 9:31 am

Press Release, Medina Fire Department

MEDINA – The Village of Medina Fire Department on Wednesday at 6:24 p.m. was dispatched to a possible electric fire in the bathroom with a resident unable to exit the house at 611 Ann St.

Second platoon firefighters arrived on location and simultaneously removed the resident and encountered a fire in the ceiling of the bathroom. A working fire was then declared bringing the Ridgeway and Lyndonville fire departments to the scene.

Crews exposed the bathroom ceiling as well as the flooring above the bathroom on the second story and stopped any further fire spread. Damage is estimated at $25,000 to the structure and $15,000 to the contents.

The resident was uninjured and is being assisted by the Red Cross at this time. The area of origin was the bathroom ceiling fan/light and the cause is being listed as accidental at this time.

There were no firefighters injured. Also assisting on scene were fire investigators from the Orleans County Emergency Management Office.

During this incident, two 911 ambulance calls were handled by crews as well.

We thank all of the departments on scene as well as the public safety dispatchers at the Sheriff’s Office for their assistance.

Return to top