Medina attorney says Sanford Church is clearly best choice to be next county judge
The Judge in Orleans County is charged with deciding issues covering our children, our families, our loved ones who pass on, our property, our injuries, our contract disputes, our victims of crimes, the judging and sentencing of criminals, our pistol permits, and every other aspect of law in our county.
The Judge will have a deeply personal impact in our lives in profound ways. Every single one of us will have a family member or a friend, neighbor or loved one at some point have a part of our life touched by the Judge of the County. We deserve to have a Judge that knows us, is one of us, and can do the job in a fair, respectful and professional manner.
I am Nathan Pace. I live with my wife and two youngest sons in the Village of Medina. I graduated from Medina in 1984. All of my 6 children have graduated or will graduate from Medina High School. My home, my office, my legal practice and my life is in this county. I have been an attorney since 1993, and I do not think I am the best qualified person to be the County judge. The best qualified person to the County Judge is Sandy Church.
I made the decision to support Sandy Church as our next County Court Judge for the following 6 reasons.
1. There is no other criminal attorney who is more qualified than Sandy. I and many attorneys work extensively in criminal matters in this county. But neither I or any of them are the best qualified person to be the next judge. Sanford Church is. He has more experience than any attorney in the practice and the administration of the criminal court at every level. The Monroe or Ontario County attorney running for Judge has very little if any criminal court experience, and we have not seen her on any case in this county in 7 years since she resigned from our county bar.
2. There is no other attorney more prepared to handle divorces, and civil lawsuits in supreme court then Sandy. I and many other attorneys handle divorces and civil law suits in Supreme Court in this county, but neither I or any of them are the best qualified person to be the next judge. Sanford Church is. He is better prepared and more competent than any attorney in the county in the practice and the administration of all Supreme Court issues. The Monroe or Ontario County attorney running for Judge has very little if any supreme court experience, and I have never seen her on any case in this county in 7 years since she quit our county bar and left.
3. There is no other family court attorney more experienced or better qualified than Sandy. I and many other Orleans County lawyers work every day regarding custody, visitation, child support, neglect, abuse and other similar issues, but neither I nor any of these lawyers are the right person to be the next judge. Sanford Church is. He has more experience than any attorney in the County in the Family Court system in every area. The Monroe or Ontario County attorney running for Judge has not been seen by anyone on any case in this county in 7 years since she walked away in 2010.
4. There is no other attorney that I want handling the very delicate and complicated matters that come into play in Probate or Surrogate Court. I work frequently in this area which involves families dealing with all the ramifications of estates and property when a loved one has passed away. There are many very good qualified attorneys who live and practice in this county who also work in this area, but neither I nor any of them are the best qualified person to be the next judge. Sanford Church is. He has great experience in elder law and surrogates work, he will be able to competently and comfortably make wise decisions as our Judge. The Monroe or Ontario County attorney running for Judge has little if any experience in this area of law, and has not worked with any of our court clerks or lawyers in this county in 7 years since she resigned from our county bar in 2010.
5. There is no other attorney that I want as a person to judge me or my friends or my family or my neighbors than Sandy Church. Sandy is the only candidate whose entire life is actually in this County. He raised his kids here, has coached baseball and basketball here, goes to church here, owns a home here, has buried his ancestors here, pays taxes here, and some day, far out in the future, will pass away here. He has worked as the attorney for literally thousands of men, women and children in this county. His office is on the same corner where his father’s was and his father’s was before that. He is one us. We know him, he is a good man. I trust him to be our Judge. I trust him to judge me.
6. Finally, I made the decision to support Sandy as Judge because I am offended that someone who does not live here, own a home here or raise her children here, go to church here, practice law here, buy her groceries here, or do anything at all here thinks that we should be our Judge. The Monroe or Ontario county attorney running for judge also ran for judge of Ontario County last year and lost. Of course she did! She didn’t deserve to be judge in that county either. It is pretty apparent she really wants to be a judge, and she may just do it some day, there are 62 counties in this state, eventually one of them may elect her. I would hope it would be in a county where she lives, works and raises her children. In the meantime, let’s all support Sandy Church for Orleans County Judge, he is a good man.
Nathan D. Pace